Duration: 1 day
The purpose of this course is to have in depth knowledge in basic electrical engineering through the law of Ohm.
A thorough review of voltage, current and resistance is given, using metaphors for comprehension.
The course will include the following elements:
- Basic electrotechnical understanding
- History lesson, including background in electrical engineering
- The concepts of electric current, voltage, and resistance
- Difference between DC and AC
- Building a battery (lead and lithium accumulator)
- The dangers of working under tension
- Securing electrical systems
- First aid for electrical accidents
- A small practical exercise, re. working under tension
No prerequisites are required on the course to participate